Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eleventh of September

I stopped to get a Karuba coffee and was heading out to Devil's Lake in Betty, my Integra. It was a gorgeous morning... kinda like this morning. Clear sky, except for a few stretched out wisps here and there, no haze on the bluffs, cool breeze, and most of all, sunshine. I first heard it on the radio at around half past seven in the morning. I can't even tell you if I noticed the first time they started talking about it because I was so wrapped up in the perfect Autumn morning, local people, and landscape that I wasn't paying much attention to what Donnie Baker was blathering on about. It wasn't until I rounded the second Glenville Dam curve that I heard what was being said. I keep flashing back to that one morning in my life and wonder if we can ever get back to that certain pleasure, contentment, and peace of mind again. I miss sense of adventure people had at that time. I know people can't forget something so tragic, but if we don't put it behind us it will continue to eat away at everything we love and charish. We need to rid ourselves of all hostility and malice, move on with strength and pride, and help the weaker of us to do the same.

Wooden Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment